Sunday, September 16, 2012

Actor William Windom has died at 88. According to wikipedia and Findagrave. A Blue Day For The Blues - Lou Martin R.I.P. August 17th, 2012 Sadly, I have received the news of 'Lou' Michael Martin's passing, he died at 3:30 a.m. this morning (17th August '12), at a hospital in Bournemouth. Lou had been ill for many years, having suffered a number of strokes and he battled with cancer also, may he now rest in peace. One of the finest piano and keyboard players that I have ever heard his talent incorporated a rainbow of styles from blues to classical, jazz to orchestral but in a rock 'n roll way. Working with Lou was a honour, he was a 'true' gentleman and a professional. Aside from the numerous great gigs I listened to him play with my brother, it was a privilege also to be in his 'after hours' company, 'tinkling the ivories' in some hotel bar or playing country in some honky-tonk late-night bar. Ironically, I'm writing this piece close to the spot where Rory composed "A Million Miles Away" and am "looking out on the deep blue sea", listening of Lou's magically keyboard work on that number and to his many other extraordinary recorded performances. My sincere condolences to Lou's mother and his other family members. Rest in peace dear 'Lou'. Dónal http://www.rorygallagher.com/#/news/2012/08/a_blue_day_for_the_blues_-_lou_martin_rip

No comments: